A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Geriatric Film and Poor Results

I need to stop using geriatric film. Old film has consistently yielded poor results for me, so I don't know why I still try. Today's old film -- the last, I think -- came from my Ilford Delta 100 stock that expired in 1989. These results were the best of any of the rolls but are plagues by something that looks like static.As such, only three images were worth even considering to share today. These shots come from the status "Smile", which is at 201 Spear Street in San Francisco.







So, lessons learned for today:

1- Quality results require quality film. I knew this but had to do something with this roll of Ilford.
2- Proper film storage is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment