A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pentax K-7 Pseudo-retirement

Shortly before buying my Pentax K-3, I took my K-7 out with my SMC-M 50mm 1:1.4 for some long-duration night photos. I figured it would be a fun way to say goodbye to the camera as my primary photographic tool. I didn't spend a long time outside, but a few photos turned out decently.

I'll miss having the K-7 as my primary camera. The K-7 and I took a LOT -- LOT -- of good photos together. It's old now, and has some dead pixels, and the sensor is approaching 90,000 actuations, so it's getting to the point where I can reasonably expect to need to replace the shutter at some point.

The K-7 will remain my reprographic camera and when I take my K-3 kit out will go, too, as I store them in the same Pelican box. But on a local day trip or for softball and bowling, the K-3 will be going with me now.

K-7, I'll always keep you and you'll always be used. Thank you for getting me back into photography and thank you for the amazing photos we've taken in the last two years.








No comments:

Post a Comment