A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Thirty-six

We have lots of great posts this week. In fact, they're so good that if I gave you five this week, your head may explode. Literally, not figuratively. Instead, I'm going to do three this week, you know, as a favor.

Back on July 4th, I took a trip up to Grass Valley, California. So this week will have the star trails image I captured that trip, some photos from the Empire Gold Mine, and some macros I captured later that week. With the star trails image, I'll also explain how I did so that you can try one yourself. So, without further delay, here are some images from this week.


This is NOT the star trails image we'll analyze, though I'll explain how to get a star trails image with film as well as digital.







No comments:

Post a Comment