A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, September 17, 2012

How-to Videos

So, I'm not a very good videographer. But, I used to teach college and I have for a long time trained junior staff at my company. Mostly that's because I've got some skill at conveying knowledge in a simple, understandable manner. For a while I've been making and posting videos on YouTube about photography. This post will be a link to my channel and one of my how-to videos. In addition, I'll periodically post a video in lieu of photographs. Sine going back to work in the suburbs, there is less to photograph outside. So the nature of this blog will be changing somewhat. Including how-to videos will be part of that.

This first video shows how to flip the meniscus lens in a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye. In addition, it will show you how to load the camera (with 120 film) and date the camera based on the CAMEROSITY cipher within the camera's body.




To check out all 122 of my videos (not all are camera-related), here is a link to my YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment