A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Top 20 -- Photo 1

Compared to last year, this year's work definitely tailed off a bit. Understandably as this year I was significantly busier with work and YouTube video commitments, so I didn't have as much time to shoot. Next year, I hope, will see improvement from 2013.

2014 will see some changes to the blog's format. I have some posts planned out but need to carve some time to write them. Hopefully the blog will grow in 2014. And now for some 2013 metrics:


2012 blog views (through December 11): 10,801 -- up from 4,305 in 2012


And my best photo of the year is ... government property. Yup. I can't share it. And on that anticlimactic bombshell, see you in 2014. Wait. It already is 2014.




But wait! Standing in for the best photo of the year is this one:


Somehow I forgot to include this photo in my top 20. Actually, I'm really comfortable with this being the best photo of my 2013 photographic year.

No comments:

Post a Comment