A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Found Photos Friday: 1960s Americana 12

It was interesting, in scanning these slides and watching the 8mm movies, to see the same people but to have their lives compressed so much. In one box the same people ages from children to teenagers to parents themselves. I also felt, so many times, like I could actually know these people's names. Not because I'd ever met them, but because these photos did such a good job at revealing their lives that I thought at any moment that everyone's names would just pop out of a slide. And some people's names did -- on name tags, for instance. But who these Chicagoans-turned-Californians are remains a mystery and I'm okay with that.















Found Photos Friday will return in 2014 with more found photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment