A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, July 9, 2012

RC Boating at Golden Gate Park

Golden Gate Park has a lot to offer patrons. A few weeks ago I went to see the buffalo pen. That was neat. There were also a number of unexpected things to see, including an RC boat gathering on one of the park's many ponds. Here are some images of the many creative and beautifully crafted boats.


These were my favorite boats, so it was great to get them both in the same shot.


An RC harbor or tug boat, I'm not sure which. When I think of RC boats, I think of fast, speedboat-type things. To see a large, slow, realistic boat was fantastic. This was also superbly crafted and the smoke from the engine smelled great.


That wood boat was very attractive. I'm not sure if it was a kit or hand-made, but it was very nice to look at.


Paramedics, almost causing a crash.


More of the spiffy wood boat.


Oh my goodness! It's coming right at us!


Phew. It veered away before it hit us.


No wonder it was all over! It's being piloted by Gumby, Pokey, and that robot from Lost in Space!

So that's it for the RC boating. I did get on to see the actual bison. I admit, I had hoped to see a real-life M. Bison from Street Fighter, but that didn't happen. So we'll revisit Golden Gate park on Thursday and see the bison and some fly fishing practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment