A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Found Photos Friday: Last 1950s Europe Entry

For the past however many weeks, I've basically exploited a package of 305 slides I bought for $1 at an estate sale. It's been great and some the photos in it have fascinated me a great deal. This post will be the last for that slide box. If you'd like to see all of the slides, including ones I didn't share on the blog entries, simply follow this link.

To celebrate July 4th, we'll go back to the home of freedom -- France. These images, from the Chateau de Chenonceau, are again from the late 1950s. Interestingly, many of the rolls in this box were taken on Agfachrome and Ektachrome, and both lost most of their color in the last sixty years. Today's photos, like the Bunratty Castle photo last week, were taken on Kodachrome and the colors have not faded nor lost trueness at all. So that's pretty impressive.


















No comments:

Post a Comment