A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Found Photos Friday: A Kicking Pony

In April 2012, I bought a Kodak Pony 828 with film in it for $5. I developed the film then, for kicks, to see what was on it. At the time, I could only digitize negatives with my scanner, and the results from that were unusable. I let the film sit until a month ago and digitized it with my DSLR. That method yields MUCH more usable results from poor film.

The 828 roll gave up three usable images. A few on the roll were damaged by light leakage and two were so underexposed nothing was on the frame except a beam of light through a window.

Based on the peoples' dress and the car in image three, this looks like a late-60s or early-70s  roll. The seller, from Germantown, Tennessee, didn't indicate where he got the camera. The people could easily be from Germantown, though I would have guesses an industrialized city in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or New York based on the houses and plants. Ultimately, though, who knows.


Was there ever a better fashion trend than bows in your hair? I submit not and challenge you to prove otherwise.


Only the mom is happy to have her picture taken -- in either shot. I'm assuming that's a nuclear family, anyway. Who knows, maybe they're total strangers thrown into the frame by a demented, chainsaw-wielding photographer and that's why they don't really look happy, except the mom lady, who like demented chainsaw-wielding guys. Now all I need is a time machine and I'm in luck!


Look at those tires! That station wagon was made for off-roading. That thing could drive over other cars. You could literally drive over railroad ties and those tires would just absorb it.

No comments:

Post a Comment