A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Found Photos Friday: Some 127 4X6 Photos

The first 127 I developed was an old roll of black and white (I forget the make) that had gotten wet at some point. Much of the paper had become stuck to the film and many of the photos had fungal branches in the emulsion. However, most of the images turned out decently well. To my eyes, this looks like a late 1960s roll, maybe even early 1970s. The horizontal stripes scream 1970s, but the beehive hairstyle in the second photo is all 1960s. So, somewhere on the cusp seems likely.


I really, really hate fungus. This image has it along the bottom and side and a spot along the top where the paper backing stayed on the film after developing.


Super beehive!


Definitely an early 1970s look to that kid's outfit.





SO MUCH FUNGUS. I really, really detest this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment