A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Giant Golf Balls

I took in dinner at Gordon Biersch one evening in Honolulu. The outdoor seating was nice (until it rained) and I got to watch them drive cars off a Matson freighter docked nearby. Before dinner, a little anole popped up on a nearby rock wall. 



It was super cute, and I like anoles -- left overs from having three as pets as a kid. And for a bit it looked like we were going to have a moment.


But instead, I think he just didn't want me around.



But, when it rained I headed inside. I did catch a nice silhouette shot, though.


After dinner, I snagged a couple of shots of the Matson freighter and a much more interesting ship covered with giant golf balls.


The Pacific Tracker


This ship has had an interesting and diverse life. If you'd like to read more, here's a really good article about this ship's history. And here is the ship's listing on Shipspotting.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment