A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Honolulu Skyscrapers

My third or fourth day in Hawaii, I had some time to walk around Honolulu by myself. I took an evening stroll with my K-7 and 31mm FA Limited lens to get some building shots during the golden hour. I'm very picky about skies when I photograph buildings. I like dramatic skies with a few clouds. So some of these shots fit the bill. Other did not. And the sky kept changing every few minutes, making shots difficult to anticipate and meaning that sometimes lighting conditions changed halfway through taking the individual images I planned to stitch into one final shot. 


The Hokua at 1288 and Nauru Tower.


I have no idea what this little guy's name is.


Hawaii Prince Hotel, lit amber by the sunset. (The buildings are actually white.) In this case, changing and unpredictable light really worked in my favor.


A residential tower by the Ala Moana mall. I'm trying to re-stitch this photo again because I'm really unhappy with this result.


Xialoa. Actually, it's not a building, but I like kayaks and similar boats.

No comments:

Post a Comment