A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

High ISO Macros

I hadn't used my macro set up on a film camera before last week. MY macros set up is a Pentax Macro Bellows II and m Vivitar 135mm 1:2.5 lens. This yields very nice enlargement with sharp details from a decent distance. So I took out my Pentax K2 (recently back from being repaired... again) and the macro rig. For film I used Ilford P4 pushed to 1000 ISO and Kodak Double-X 5222. I don't recall which of these images are which, but here are the results:


A flower growing by the complex's dumpster


Another dumpster-collocated flower


A mushroom top about the size of a dime


Leaf -- exposed for the leaf


Leaf -- exposed for the background


Macro at f2.5


Macro at f11 or f16


Another flower


A mushroom about the size of a pencil eraser (the kind on the back of the pencil)


Mushroom hiding behind some leaves

No comments:

Post a Comment