A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Annual Wrap-up (5 of 7)

I admit this is a photo I like. It's not framed perfectly, with a partial backhoe in the background and a partial connex box on the right. Also, there's a glaring technical flaw in the middle where part of the building behind the backhoe's arms is blurry. But, it's dramatic and uses tones decently.

As some of my early November posts discuss, photo stitching is no easy business and one mistake in one photo can ruin all the time and effort spent merging multiple photos into one image. In this case, it was the blurry building in one image that really ruins this whole photo. It's still good, but not great for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment