A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, December 10, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Annual Wrap-up (6 of 7)

So far the previous five photos were pretty much random selections. These last two were almost in the top 20. This one I like as a marketing photo, but not as a creative photo. A dramatic sky, ample open space for copy, and nice clarity make this a reasonable image for a brochure. The same is true of tomorrow's photo, too. This didn't make the top 20 because in the lower right the horizon distorts and sweeps upward. But, most people aren't likely to notice that, especially if there's some text in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment