A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Film Can Pinhole

For this pinhole camera, I used a 250-foot spool can from some Kodak Vision 3 5217 that I had recently emptied. I painted the inside black and put a laser-drilled 0.1mm pinhole on the front. In positive, it's quite good. In negative, though, it looks soft. But here are a few results from it so far.


Looking out a rabbit hole (not really, it just looks that way.)


A scan of the paper negative.


Sunset. I keep a few magnets on this can because it's magnetic. It's round, so they work well as chocks. For this, I magneted it to a sign to get some extra height. Once the sign stopped moving around, I took the shutter off and exposed the sunset. The clouds turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment