A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Found Photos Friday: 1960s Americana 10

Last week the photos all centered on the guys in the middle. Many of the people in these photos show up into the 1970s, based on cars and dress. And they look older than they did in the photos last week. Not this guy, though, who looks here like an Army recruit headed to Vietnam. Perhaps he's the photographer -- that would be great because he would have had a long life after the war.














To my eyes, this is a really great shot. I love how the dude in the back is winking at the camera, as if to show his friend on the other side  that he knows the guy's really taking the photo of a cute girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment