A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Finally Fisheye

I picked up a Pentax 6X7 35mm 1:4.5 fisheye lens the other week. I've only had one chance to use it (though I'm hoping to take it out again very soon.) The lens has a corner-to-corner angle of view of 180 degrees and, as such, warps the heck out of the image plane. This has a lot of creative image possibilities, and I tried it out with portraits.


These are scanned from a contact sheet, not the negatives, so they have slightly higher contrast and slightly lower resolution.




Here I tried to get the smoke coming out of Ashish's nose, but it didn't really show up well.



Just a sample sot of a wall to show the full image circle.Taken from arm's length.

No comments:

Post a Comment