A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Stopping Time

Yesterday I shared a few photos the K-7 took just to show off a bit. Well, here's another.


Thirty Minutes of Sunset. This is the composite image created from the second time-lapse I shared yesterday. Personally, I think this may be the best photo I've ever taken. Sure there's some ghosting in the middle I'd wish could be removed, but that's a characteristic of the lens I used and its alignment to the sun. On the one hand, it's good to see the year start off so well. On the other, it's kind of sad to know that I may spend the rest of 2014 not taking any shots as good as this one.


This is a similar photo to the above only in black and white. The sky is the same but in the first photo I caopied in a different version of the bay to make it perfectly glass-like.


Here's a sepia version of the photo that contributed the bay in the first shot. It's hard to see, but the first shot has a choppier bay.

Yesterday I shared a moonset photo and time lapse. Between that shot and these ones, the K-7 had an all-nighter. Here is a star-trails shot it took as ocean fog rolled in.


My K-7 has decided not to go quietly into retirement, instead perferring to prove that anything the newer K-3 can do, the K-7 can do better.*

*Except video.

No comments:

Post a Comment