A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Twenty-five

I'm running a bit behind again this week, mostly because I worked almost all day yesterday and today. So today's preview post won't have photos from each day's shoots because not all the photos are edited. Also, I didn't get a chance to use the Pentax 6X7 or Kodak Pony last week, so they'll make a reappearance this week. Here is this week's lineup:

Monday: Pentax 6X7 MLU (4083721), Takumar 200mm (8225959), Lucky 100 ISO, and a UV filter.

Tuesday: Kodak Pony (872675), Ilford P4 Surveillance Film 400 ISO.

Wednesday: Pentax Spotmatic SPII (5012707), Mamiya/Sekor 55mm (87084), Agfa 100 ISO, and a yellow filter. I'm stoked about Wednesday's and Thursday's cameras. These are the two most recent cameras I sent to the Pentax repair guru at www.pentax.com. He did a remarkable job on both cameras, as expected. In fact, he did much better than anticipated on the SPII. When I was given the SPII the battery cover was corroded shut and the light meter unresponsive. He got the battery cover open and repaired the light meter. That's far above and beyond what I expected.

Thursday: Pentax K2 (7024716), Samyang 18-28 (211773), Agfa 100 ISO, and a green filter. WHy a green filter? Why not. This is the other camera I just got back and I'm thrilled at how well it works -- better than when I bought it. Well, I bought it knowing it was in rough shape, but it stopped working about about ten rolls of film. The repair required that the whole shutter mechanism be stripped and reassembled, as I understand it. I'm amazed there are still people who know how to do that.

Friday: Nikon FM (3048481), Tokina 28-200 (9100677), Kodak Vision 3 250D, and a UV filter. I got 200 feet of Kodak Vision 3 250D (daylight) film. I tested out a 20-exposure roll this weekend and those are some of the shots I'll share this week. The results are very promising.

And here is a bit of what you can expect this week:









No comments:

Post a Comment