A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Twenty-three

This week is going to have some great photos. Two of the days I'll have film from last week, and three I'll have photos from my trip to the de Young Museum last weekend. This coming week, three of the days will feature camera-lens-film combinations that I didn't use last week. So let's see a bit of what's to come this week:














As for cameras this week, you'll see three repeats from last week that weren't used. To spice things up a bit, I included two auto-focus cameras this week. Ooooh. Spicy.

Monday: Minolta SRT 102 (2042109), Tamron 28-70 (9003019), Foma 400 ISO, and an orange filter. I will use this combination yet! I think this combination has a lot of potential, so I'm looking forward to it.


Tuesday: Pentax Spotmatic SP1000 (5815145), Takumar 55mm (1426697), Adox 100 ISO, and a yellow filter. This SP1000 is a nice camera and is going to get a couple more uses before it goes off for repairs in August. In July, my KX will go in for repairs, but it won't likely see any use before then due to the gunk inside the viewfinder.

Wednesday: Pentax K1000 (7834930), Tokina 28 (8126496), Foma 400 ISO. and a red filter. This ought to yield some dramatic results. I haven't used this lens on this camera ever, and the red filter ought to make and skyline or scenery shots extra dramatic.

Thursday: Canon RT (2463369) Canon EF 28-80 (2611388), Foma 100 ISO, and a UV filter. One of my neighbors gave me three B+W UV filters. This will be my first time using a B+W filter on film. They make, I think, the best filters available on the market.

Friday: Nikon N70 (2314287), Nikon 24-120 (343019), Ilford PANF 50 ISO, and a tobacco filter. The tobacco filter lightens red and green tones, which ought to do a good job of muting this otherwise-contrasty film.













No comments:

Post a Comment