A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Twenty-four

So... I fell a bit behind this week. We'll do two posts a day until we catch up. How's that sound? This week has some exciting photos for you. Without delay, let's see a bit of what's to come.
















Let's also take a look at the cameras I've been using this week so far:

Monday: Canon AE-1 (4120937), Tamron 28-70 (9003019), Foma 100 ISO, and no filter. Now, normally I don't use Foma 100 without a yellow filter. It just works better with the correction. Likewise, I don't normally go without any filter unless I have to. I just forgot to put a filter on the lens this week. You may also notice that this lens has appeared a number of times on my Minolta SRT 102. This is an Adaptall-2 lens and I got a Canon CFD adapter for it, so now it's can be on the Canon, too. I'm also planning to get a PKA and Nikon F AIS adapter so it can make the rounds on all my cameras.

Tuesday: Pentax KM (8273837), Pentax 50mm (3007577), Foma 400, and no filter.

Wednesday: Nikon F3 (1635441), Nikkor-S 50mm (818328), Foma 100 ISO, and no filter. This will make an interesting or boring post as this role was all experimental studio photography. Either the shots will be great or awful. If they're awful, I took backups with my K-7.

Thursday: Pentax 6X7 MLU (4083721),  Takumar 200mm (8225959), Lucky 100, and a UV filter. I haven't used this 200mm much yet, so I'm excited to give it a go. I plan to see if there are any ships docked in the bay. If not, I may try for some distant skyline shots. No idea yet.

Friday: Kodak Pony (872675) and Ilford P4 400 with no filter. This ought to be interesting with the Pony's maximum shutter speed of 1/200th. It may be too bright to use this camera at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment