A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Year in Photos -- Week Forty-three

So... My week away was extended due to crazy business. This week I'll be focusing (pun intended) on shots I took in one day. I went to San Francisco's Fleet Week 2012 air show and took about 1,500 photos -- filled my 16 gig memory card. Of those, I kept about 200. Each day this week I'll focus on a different plane. For all of the shots this week, I used my Pentax K-7 and 400mm Vivitar (Tokina) 1:6.3 wonder tube. What a lens. Without delay, let's see what I mean about the lens.






Throughout the week we'll look at these planes and a couple of others. Also, yes, I know there are going to be spots on the image. The problem with DSLR sensors is how much dirt they collect and I hadn't cleaned my sensor in a few weeks. You know what someone should invent, a photographic medium that records an image on a piece of plastic film coated with some kind of light-sensitive emulsion. After an image is exposed, the emulsion would be advanced and fresh emulsion would take its place. That way, a speck of dust would disappear after one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment