A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

T-33 Shooting Star at Fleet week 2012

Day 1 of the Fleet Week post showcases the T-33 Shooting Star. This plane is FAST. I hadn't gotten to my box yet, so I was trying to shoot between some old buildings at Fort Carson. I can't put into words how fast this jet was. I know modern jets are faster, but dang. This would be a fun jet to fly, I think.



Interesting fact: The T-33 . has served in the air forces of more than 30 countries.



Interesting fact: This T-33 started life in the Royal Canadian Air Force as an RCT-33 trainer aircraft. Any T-33 with two seats was used as a trainer aircraft, though a few nations used gunnery trainers on the front lines.




Interesting fact: More than 6,500 T-33s were produced. And the ones that still fly are all still super fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment