A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Six L-39Cs at Fleet Week 2012

The San Francisco Bay Area is home to a six-jet exhibition squad called The Patriots. This turned out to be my favorite performance of the day. These guys are amazing. They do incredible stunts and maneuvers at such high speed I couldn't get many in-focus shots. So here are the ones I got:

Fun fact: The Patriots fly Aero Vodochoy L-39 trainers, a Czech plane. 


Fun fact: The L-39 is the most-used jet trainer aircraft in the world.


Fun fact: The "C" in L-39C stands for Cvičná, which is Czeck for "training."


Fun Fact: These planes can fly as high as 36,000 feet. (That's not really that high.)


Fun fact: I'm out of fun facts for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment