A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Two Stunt Planes at Fleet Week 2012

Day 2 of the Fleet Week post showcases two stunt planes. The first is the Lucas Oil plane, the second is the Team Oracle plane. Firstly, the Lucas Oil plane:

An acquaintance, upon seeing that shot, put it best: I'd not want to be in that plane." You know, what with it falling out of the sky and being on fire and such.

That seems a better trajectory.

That would be an outside loop, I think. The plane makes a loop but the cockpit on on the outside of the loop.


This guy liked flying upside-down.

These next images are of the Oracle plane. This is the only plane in the world, apparently, that can tumble tail-over-nose forward through the air. It's pretty darn cool to see in person. This first image is a composite that I made for fun and doesn't have anything to do with the end-over tumbling.



That actually wasn't the lowest that he flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment