A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Analog-Digital Abstracts

For my photo class final project, I decided to do a portfolio of abstract shots. Here are some digital renditions I captured the night I took my first film photos for the project. I captured these through the viewfinder of the camera I used to take the film photos.

I used a Repronar to take the film shots and my Pentax K-7 with Sigma 50mm macro lens to take these images.






To create the above images, I put generic cooking oil in a plastic tray. I then dropped Testors oil paint into the cooking oil. The reaction was different for each color. Here are three videos I made of the process.








The Repronar also has a magnifying glass to help with focusing. Here's a shot through that glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment