A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Welcoming the Pentax K-3

As I said two days ago, my k-7 is enjoying a well-deserved pseudo-retirement. Spoiler alert: I've already brought it out of retirement for a shoot and it out-performed the K-3 hands-down.

Hands-down.

The K-3 held up better than the K-7 could have on a separate shoot, but those posts are coming later this month with more details on that statement.

That said, I'm pleased as punch by my K-3's performance in general. I took it to the Blackhawk Auto Museum here in Danville for the first trial run. The results were fabulous. Here are some of the shots.









This and a later image both made my 10- 20 last year. It was interesting to see how quickly -- the first time out -- the K-3 performed well enough to make the cut into the top 20. 2014's top 20 will be an interesting shootout between the K-7 and K-3 as to which camera take the most shots for the list.
























I'm looking forward to getting to know this camera and to taking some great shots with it. In the next year I hope to learn about everything this camera has to offer and use it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment