A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kodacolor II on a 620 Spool

This roll of Kodacolor 620 came in a eBay auction I won. Kodacolor II, which I believe uses process C-22, is a film I've had consistent troubles with. The film base is the same color as a darkroom safelight, so there's no way to print the images. The dark film base also robs the images of a LOT of contrast. The silver content in these images seems lower than some films, so the results are also often thin, despite the negative base being dark. In all, these three photos represent a lot of work, but seeing images from the 1960s or so that no one has ever seen before is always worth the effort.








For fun, I though I would add a photo from a roll of Ilford SFX 120 that came in the auction. The roll had two identical and very boring images.


What's that? You don't believe me? Well, here's the other.



Found Photos Friday returns next week with some photos I found inside a Canon EOS Rebel GII I bought and then sold. While I owned it, though, I made these videos:






No comments:

Post a Comment