A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Found Photos Friday -- 1970s American West 1 of 3

Last summer I picked up  small box of slides at a flea market on Treasure Island. The slides had great photos of the American West from what I thought at the time would be the 1950s. How, though, I suspect they are from the 1960s or maybe even the 1970s. The box had two distinct groups of images -- Western U.S. and a car show. So the first three posts will be for the Western U.S. slides, a middle post with some miscellaneous shots from the lot, and then a post of car show slides.

I'm leading off here with a shot of who I suspect was the photographer. Classic self-portrait, and these are often rare in found photo boxes.











This shot was totally red, so recovering the color data was basically impossible. I admit to being curious about what mine that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment