A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodbye to the Olympus OMG

After picking up an Olympus OM-2N a couple months back, I decided I only really need the one Olympus body. I don't really shoot Olympus all that often (even though their lenses are AMAZING.) So I decided to have one last evening of fun with my OMG and some mirrors.


A fun self-portrait. This took a while to get without blur since the exposure time was between two and five seconds.


Using my dad's old Captain Video robots, a flashlight, and (not at the same time) a candle, I set up a mirror box. The box is taped on the outside so I can take it apart if I want. I used a two-way mirror to allow me to photograph it it from outside. Having the lights in the apartment off helped reduce camera reflections, but didn't eliminate them.





For this and the one below, I used a cigarette lighter to create some spark effects.


I'll actually miss the little OMG. It's a great camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment