A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

San Francisco 2013 Auto Show

My brother and I have caught most of the auto shows since we finished college, regardless of where we lived. Neither of us are super-into cars in the way that we could quote specs or stats. But it is fun to see what's coming. I enjoy the challenge of trying to get good photos at an auto show. This year was the first with my new DSLR, the Pentax K-3. I had just tested it out at the Blackhawk Auto Museum a couple of weeks earlier, so compared to that the SF Auto Show was a cake walk in a brightly lit showroom. Here are some of the shots that turned out well.


Lexus LFA. Apparently this is a privately owned car that was loaned to Toyota for the car show.


Aston Martins. Stupid chair getting in there and ruining the shot. Why do they need a chair and desk? There's no line of people waiting to buy one of these.


Lamborghini Aventador. It looks better in any other color.


Lamborghini Aventador. It's a fair criticism that this car is really just trying too hard to be too much a Lambo. I still like it.


Maserati


Audi R8 V10. I had to read the license plate to know that.


"Sir, I'm here to clean your pipes."



Nissan GTR. Of course I'd get a photo of the first GTR I've seen at the auto show. Walnut Creek and Clayton, where I live and work, have about four of these and I see them on the roads somewhat often. So seeing it isn't a huge deal, but it's still my favorite car.


The new Corvette. It's okay, but I kinda like the last body style a bit more. I din't sit in it. The Corvette has never been on my wish list.



What a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment