A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

More than a Mountain

This was the first time I took this K2 out. I picked it up for $30 along with a Pentax-A 28-80 zoom and a Pentax professional flash. All black cameras are still less aesthetically pleasing to me than chrome cameras, but with as good as this, my F3, My K-7, my RT, and my N70 all perform, I'm not opposed to all black cameras from a design stance anymore. However, the chrome is definitely better for heat tolerance on hot or sunny days. When shooting slide film, this is of some importance as slide film begin deteriorating as soon as it reaches room temperature. That said, I wasn't shooting slide film so none of that matters.


1/125th, f8. Either the Hilton or Marriott, I forget which. Gorgeous building -- one of my favorites in San Francisco.


1/60th, f4. A skyscraper reflecting off the Hilton. This shot would be better straight-on, and that something I need to try soon.


1/125th, f4. I recognize that they're disease carriers and pretty filthy animals, but
seagulls are also neat because they eat french fries. Any animal that loves french fries can't be all bad.


1/8th, f4. Black Lotus. Koi stencil. Pink, in reality; white, on film. A bit blurry because this was hand-held at 1/8th of a second.


1/125th, f11. Pedestrian bridge over Mission Street (I think.) This connects the Yerba Buena Gardens to the Muscone Center.


1/60th, f4. Sunset behind AT&T Park. A nice way to end a day and a blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment