A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A New Film Delivers Great Results

Thursday I walked Third Street and Market. I lucked out and caught the SEIU protesting something. I'm not sure what.


Some potatoes, onions, and ginger in the back of a truck.


Man-lifts and shadows.


I used the unsharp mask on this to try and get the guy in focus. He would have been if he hadn't been moving. Then this would have been a superb shot. Such is life.


Skyscraper reflection. I admit that I enjoy photographing buildings, as you will see tomorrow. Unsharp mask to punch out the reflections. But they needed very little work. This film delivers exceptional results.


Unsharp mask here, too, to enhance the reflections and sky a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment