A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Year In Photos -- Week Six

Last week I got to use two cameras I'd not used before and one old friend who had been down for a month. In fact, I had so much fun with the F3 and K2 last week that I decided to use them again this week. Also, I got my hands on a roll of Adox CHS 100, a film I've wanted to try for a few months. So this week promises to have an exciting lineup.

Monday: Pentax K2 (7024715) and Sigma 50mm macro (1023532) with Ferrania 100 ISO film. I'm also bringing a backup roll of Foma 100 because the Ferrania is only 12 exposures. This is my favorite lens, so I'm excited to finally use it this year.

Tuesday: Balda Baldinette (C124114) with 200 ISO Seattle Film Works. Yes, readers. More cross-processing this week. In fact, we'll do two rolls of cross-processed film. For the blog with the Baldinette, I'll try to describe the repairs this camera needed. When I bought it, it had corroded badly and the film compartment had rust perforations. Now it's light-tight again.

Wendesday: The bay has been rife with interesting ships and birds lately, so I'll take my Nikon F3 (1635441) and Nikkor-Q 200mm (280359)out with Seattle Film Works 200 ISO. For fun, I'll also use an orange filter.

Thursday: Voigtlander Perkeo I (3645721) and Adox CHS 100 ART. This is a great camera and I hope this film works well with it.

Friday: Pentax K1000 (7634693), Focal 28mm (550357) and Agfa 200 ISO color film. This Focal lens typically sells for about $5 on eBay, but it's quite good. This is my sharpest 28mm and outperforms my Kino and Tokina 28mm. It is on par with my Tamron 28mm.

But for this week some exciting results are coming. Here is a sample of what you can expect in the coming week:

Monday



Tuesday


Wednesday


Thursday


Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment