A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Yerba Buena Gardens

My Nikon F3 is my best film camera and one of my two favorites. I can't tell you any of the shutter speeds, though, as the F3 has to be on automatic to work. The LCD screen in the viewfinder that tells me the shutter and exposure information is shot.


f5.6. One of my favorite pieces of art in SOMA. It's interesting, fun, and colorful (though that doesn't translate in monochrome.)


f3.5 Another angle.


f3.5. Shaking Man, a sculpture of a businessman shaking someone's hand. I'm told it represents various ways that business people approach business. I don't see it.


f3.5. The church north of Yerba Buena Gardens from behind a waterfall.


f3.5. This guy approached me to find out if I was a tourist who wanted a photo of a homeless guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment