A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Special Edition: Golden Gate Park

Last Wednesday I did not get to take a camera out, so fortoday's post I'll share what I had originally planned to save for this Saturday as a special post. Instead, you can see these photos today. As is normal for Saturdays, I don't track the lens and film combinations towards the goal of using a unique combination every day this year. Also, this trip had three films: Ilford PANF 50, Agfa 100, and TMax 400. The TMax is still in the camera and I'll finish it this weekend or sometime next week.


Trees at Sunset. Agfa film. The trees appear to be lit up because the sunset was casting them in red light. With a red filter, that light became lighter compared to the rest of the image. I expected this to be blurry as it was hand-held at about 1/15th or 1/8th of a second.


Urban waterfall, a creek at the National AIDS Memorial. When without a tripod, flat rocks will do nicely. Afga film.


Not entirely sure I care for the way the Agfa rendered these rocks. Maybe I should have used the red filter I brought that day, like I did with the other images above.


Another waterfall shot. Super contrasty. Agfa again.


Agfa, red filter, effectively making the forest seem even darker at dusk.


The one Ilford shot that turned out. I brought a roll marked "27" but it only had four exposures. This was shot resting on a fence on a four- or six-second exposure, f22. At 75mm, this may actually have been around f29 or f32. There were kids playing in front of the building, all effectively gone due to the long exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment