A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Red Filter + Ilford 50 = Bad Idea

Ilford PANF 50 ISO is a particularly contrasty film suited for subtle lighting. Red filters dramatically increase contrast. So these photos result from an already-contrasty film paired with a highly effective red filter that substantially increases image contrast. Let's see some results.


1/125th, f4


1/125th, f4

1/500th, f1.8


1/125th, f4


1/60th, f11


1/250th, f4


1/125th, f2

No comments:

Post a Comment