A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Year in Photos: Week Twelve

This week is going to have some fun and some technical stuff. I've been experimenting with mega macros lately and this week will talk about how I obtained 5.5X magnification. I suspect I can do better. My goal is to achieve 10X magnification, which is the border between macrography and miscroscopy. So that's going to be on Friday. Mostly this week I'll share photos from my recent hikes in Lime Ridge, here in Walnut Creek. I've been lucky enough to see a wide array of birds and some other animals, too. In fact, one of the birds I'll have photos of this week -- the Northern Burrowing Owl -- is very rare in Contra Costs County and has never been documented where I found it. And no, I will not share where I found its burrow. For now, though, here is a look at what's ahead this week.


White Tailed Kite


Mallard-domestic Cross


Anna's Hummingbird


Ground Squirrel


Great Egret

No comments:

Post a Comment