A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Nightmares in Wax: Parts 1 of 2

Today I've got 10 low-key portraits from the San Francisco wax museum at Fisherman's Wharf. These are all wax figures -- sculptures -- though some look incredibly lifelike. Most of these were shot wide-open and at high ISOs due to the very low light in the museum. I don't recall who all of these figures are.

1

FDR

2

Napoleon (NOT Dynamite)

3

Valdimir Putin and Barak Obama.

4

George H.W. Bush

5

Nixon

6

Gerald Ford and... I forget who the other guy is.

7

Prince Charles looking like Christian Bale

8

Nelson Mandela. I saw him speak when I was in grad school. It was amazing.

9

Some Civil War guy whose name I forget.

10

Tojo and Hitler

No comments:

Post a Comment