A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Nightmares in Wax: Parts 2 of 2

For the second part of this post, we have the entertainers. Cleopatra herself may not have been an entertainers.

11

Liz Taylor as Cleopatra

12

Mata Hari. Okay, technically not an entertainer, either. This blog is off to a weak start.

13

Whistler's Mother. Paintings can entertain, right? Well, I can tell you for sure she doesn't LOOK entertained.

14

Another painting.

15

A scene from the Sermon on the Mount

16

Vivien Leigh

17

Tom Hanks

18

Groucho Marx

19

The Tin Man

20

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (Cassandra Peterson is her real name.)

21

Bonus picture so both days' posts give you terrible dreams. Salvador Dali looking quite frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment