A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sunday Hike: Part 2 of 2

Here is part two of my Lime Ridge hike.

6

Lime Ridge is a very serene and peaceful place. On my hike the only disruptive sounds were Ygnacio Valley Road when a truck went by and someone with an RC plane. Oddly, though, the RC plane's drone wasn't entirely out of place.

7

Trees cast imposing shadows.

8

Lime Ridge's trees are all wind-whipped and gnarly with complex, beautiful branchwork and thick, armor-like bark.

9

Most of the Lime Ridge trees are severely asymmetrical. They seem to grown in the direction the wind pushes them.

10

Complex branchwork.

11

I figured that for the next two days you'll be hit with tons of low-key photos, so why not end this post with a high-key one.

No comments:

Post a Comment