A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Year in Photos: Week Twenty-four

More photos this week! It's been a long time since I blogged two weeks in a row, so let's bask in this blog greatness of amazing activity.



That done, let's take a look at what we'll see this week.


I take my Calumet CC-401 large-format camera out and get some actual photos with it this time!


I make my dogs looks taxidermied as they pose in an uncharacteristic display of affection for each other. This is actually part one of a series taken with my Rolleiflex Old Standard. I shot some photos about a month after these and will be printing them as opalotypes this month. So stay tuned for the subsequent blog posts, too.


I make one of my friends cry.


I visit the top of the Lime Ridge Open Space


And we go back to 1952 (I think) and visit the grand canyon. Is that a factory next to the canyon?

No comments:

Post a Comment