A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Trolling Firas: Photoshop in the Wrong Hands

I mentioned on Monday that I was asked to photograph our company's annual party. I  set up a photo opportunity at the entry where anyone who wanted to could have their photo taken behind a life ring with the company logo and party date on it. My good friend Firas opted not to stand behind the buoy, so I snapped a few photos of him as he walked past. This was the best, and I sent it to him today. He works in another office, so we e-mailed about the photo a few times.


Firas: Hey, can you make my mouth look different? Better?
Me: Sure.


Firas: No, that's not my mouth! Your work is not good. :(
Me: Just to warn you, you're about to get trolled.


Me: Is this more what you were looking for?
Firas: Now I have twice as many problems!


Me: You don't have to worry about your mouth any more.
Firas didn't actually respond to that. I like to think it's because his mouth was sealed shut.

Firas called me and we had a pretty good laugh about it, so everything was taken in the humor I intended. In fact, he and I were laughing so loudly that my entire office area left their cubes to come see what was so funny. They had some pretty strong laughs, too.

The moral: I'll gladly take Photoshop requests, but I can't promise I won't troll you.

No comments:

Post a Comment