A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

On top of Lime Ridge

If you'd like to see where the photos were taken in Lime Ridge, hope over to my Panoramio map. Tall of these are photo stitched I took with my cell phone. I also brought my Nikon F3 on that trip and went through eleven rolls of film, but I haven't scanned them all (let alone edited any of them.) So, for now, here are some cell phone photos from the top of Lime Ridge. I'll have a better discussion of the hike with the F3 photos in a few weeks.





The actual top is behind a barbed-wire fence. For hikers, this is as close to the top as you can get.


Sometimes my camera does selective focus. It looks interesting. That said, since I know what actual selective focus looks like with a large-format camera, this ends up looking kinda cheesy to my eyes.


It looked and really felt like autumn on the hike, but it was May.




No comments:

Post a Comment