A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

I'm on a Boat

Originally, I planned to share some photos from a recent softball game. Instead, I elected to share some photos from my company's annual employee appreciation party. On Wednesday, I'll have some more. This year's party was on the California Spirit, a Hornblower ship. My company does a good job with the annual party. This year, I spent most of it working as the company photographer, but still managed time to take a few photos for myself.


Outside Sausalito, about halfway through the night, we passed a number of boats moored in the bay. I mostly used manual focus lenses that night. This was with my Vivitar 135mm 1:2.8. This lens has always performed very well and is one of my favorite short-length telephoto lenses.


More boats.


Before everyone arrived, I took some establishing shots to chronicle some of the night's events. Each year we have gaming tables (though we're not allowed to use actual money and when you run out the dealers just hand out more chips... Yeah, I know...) Of the Blackjack and Roulette table photos, this was the best.


The Bay Bridge West Span.


The Golden Gate Bridge


Another shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.


While shooting the boat photos above, I noticed the XO outside the cabin, getting some fresh air. I managed this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment