A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Focus: Out of

I picked up some cameras for a pretty reasonable price a few months back. One was a Kodak Vest Pocket Autographic 127 -- a high-end model with real leather. This camera, from 1918, was for a short while my oldest camera (until two weeks later in Petaluma, the trip from yesterday's post, when I bought a second Kodak Brownie Model B that is a few years older.)

In a nutshell, I thought I had fully extended the bellows for each shot, but I fully extended it for none of them. After a few of these horribly out of focus photos, I'll link to my video about the Vest Poacket Autographic 127.


That's about as in focus as I got. Having figured out what I did wrong, I need to now go back and try again.


Yeah. It kinda hurts my eyes to look at them, too.


It's almost artistic it's so blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment