A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bowling with Film

At the end of the previous bowling league, I decided to shoot the last night with my Pentax K2, a 50mm Pentax SMC-A 1:2 that I'd been wanting to try, my FA Limited 31mm 1:1.8, and a pocket full of Ilford P4 Surveillance Film. The bowling alley, like all bowling alleys, is dark. Pushing the film to 1600 (two stops) yielded some good results when I shot wide open.


Pushing expired film by two stops really puts the pressure on it to perform well. These images have a unique, moody, and somewhat noir-ish look about them. Even with about 30 seconds of extra processing time, they look a bit underexposed.







No comments:

Post a Comment