A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Driving my Nissan GTR* and Crashing my Ford Mustang*

* -- Radio-controlled


Fun with an ND 1,000 filter
To get this shot, I set the camera's ISO to 100 and set the variable ND 1,000 filter to max. I left the car parked for about 20 seconds and then reversed and advanced it quickly.


More fun with an ND 1,000 filter. For this, I zoomed my Samyang 18-28 from 18 to 28 over the span of the exposure.


This wasn't me driving. I let the girlfriend drive the Ford Mustang, which is a LOT zippier and harder to control than the GTR. And she plowed it into the wood chips. It was fine, though, and in the coming months I'll have some exciting video footage of the RC cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment