A Year in Photos

Photography, fiction, and personal essays form my three primary creative outlets. For this blog's first 18 months, I used it primarily for photography. As I've returned to creative writing, I'll use this blog for fiction, too. Sometimes, when reality needs to be discussed more than truth, I write personal essays.

This blog will continue to showcase as many above-average photos as I can muster. Hopefully my written work will be as good or better than the visual. Whichever drew you here -- photographs or fiction, I hope you enjoy both.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Contina Accompanies the K-7

A few days ago I shared some graffiti shots from my K-7. I had one of my Zeiss Ikon Contina Matic IIa viewfinders with me, too, and grabbed some shots with it. This was a camera I had taken out the week before but failed to use the entire roll. First, some shots from the previous week at Yerba Buena Gardens.




A backhoe and its shadow. The latter looking like an abstract horse to me.


Someone needs to gentrify this thing.


I could never live or work in the building with this detail on the front door. IT looks like a very abstract face and it creeps me the heck out.


A repeat of an image also captured on the K-7. Here we see why SLRs are better than viewfinders. The SLR did not partially crop the subject due to parallax.

No comments:

Post a Comment